Why choose Wellington Learning Solutions?
1. Personal experience of dyslexia and related conditions: Margot is dyslexic and dyspraxic, married to a dyslexic and has two teenage sons, both of whom are dyslexic and one is also dyspraxic.
2. Proven programme: The Davis Dyslexia Correction programme is the most widely used dyslexia correction programme in the world. It has been delivered to thousands of people in over 40 countries around the world with a 97% success rate since its inception 30 years ago.
3. Experienced Davis Facilitator: Margot has been providing programmes since 2007 to people from all walks of life, aged from 5 to 58 years old.
4. One week intensive programme: The 30-hour one-on-one Davis programme is provided over a 5-day week which returns you to your normal school or work environment with a minimum disruption but with new skills and confidence to enable you to perform better.
5. Ongoing support: Up to three 1-2 hour follow-up reviews are included and you have access to unlimited email and telephone support. If required Margot will also visit schools to help them support the dyslexic student in the classroom.
6. Relaxed, comfortable and professional environment: Margot’s spacious home office is dedicated to her business and has a pleasant garden outlook.
I am dyslexic and dyspraxic, married to a dyslexic and the mother of 2 dyslexic teenage sons.
I have a degree in Accounting and worked in this area until I became licensed to provide Davis Dyslexia correction programmes. Despite a successful career in business management, I was more motivated to find a solution to my younger son’s learning problems and was frustrated by the lack of information available.
I came across the Davis methods in 2003 while researching solutions for my younger son. I found Ron Davis’s book “The Gift of Dyslexia” a refreshingly positive outlook on dyslexia which I could understand how it worked. This is because Ron thinks the same way that my sons and I think – primarily with pictures. The Davis Dyslexia Correction programme offered real and permanent solutions to my son’s problem. Seeing the changes that Davis programs have brought to both my sons’ lives inspired me to work to be able to offer this gift to others.
This process has led me to identify my own dyslexia and use these methods to overcome it. Although I could easily pass subjects like Accounting, Maths and Physics, I found others like History, English and Biology much more difficult. I often misspell words initially, but as I’m blessed with a picture memory, I know instantly that I have made a mistake. Consequently my handwriting often looks messy as I squeeze in the extra letter, or swap the “i” and the “e”. I was lucky to have an accounting teacher who identified that I often swapped 6’s and 8’s and showed me how to find the mistake. I also struggled to write essays as my ideas did not come out in a logical sequence. It wasn’t until my last year of high school that I realized this and would use arrows and asterisks to re-order the sequence of my paragraphs. Or if it was really bad, I would number the paragraphs in the sequence the teacher should read them. Now days, I’m grateful for word processing, cut & paste, and my Davis tools!
My Davis journey has been full of discoveries and self fulfillment. Becoming a licensed Davis Facilitator was the realisation of a 3 year dream. I have been blessed to work with many talented children and adults doing one of the most rewarding jobs ever.
I have a passion for accepting diversity in all of society. I am committed to providing a professional, confidential and respectful environment for my clients where they are able to discover, celebrate and nurture their special talents.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Licensed Davis Facilitator